Email marketing is a highly effective strategy for B2B lead generation because it allows you to reach potential customers directly in their inbox. We’ve seen encouraging trends in the email marketing landscape over recent times as well, with 77% of marketers reporting to have seen an increase in email engagement over the last 12 months. Unlike other marketing channels, such as social media or content marketing, email marketing gives you complete control over who receives your message and when. In this article, we explore why email marketing is essential for B2B lead generation, as well as provide 5 quick-fire tips for you to get it right.
Benefits of email marketing for B2B lead generation
Email marketing requires relatively little investment depending on the package bought. All you need is an email list and an email marketing tool, and you can start sending targeted emails to potential customers. Granted, in 2023 we’re seeing email marketing platforms increase the costs of their available packages, however it’s still yet to be seen if these increases are tipping the balance of ROI.
Another benefit of email marketing is that it is highly targeted. With email marketing, you can segment your email list based on various criteria, such as job title, industry, or location. This allows you to send targeted messages to specific groups of potential customers, increasing the chances of conversion.
Analytics and data are core components to our email marketing strategies as they provide qualitative insights and evidence into the performance of campaigns. The vast variety of metrics provided in email marketing tools, you can optimise your email campaigns over time for maximum effectiveness. Email marketing automations can also be set up to assign engagement scores to contacts and provide further understanding into behaviours.
Email marketing tips for B2B lead generation
Now that you understand the benefits of email marketing for B2B lead generation, let’s explore some quick-fire tips to help you get started:
1. Build a quality email list: The success of your email marketing campaign depends on the quality of your email list. To build a quality list, focus on attracting potential customers who are genuinely interested in your business and its offerings. You can do this by offering valuable content, such as ebooks or whitepapers, in exchange for email addresses.
2. Segment your email list: As previously mentioned, segmentation is key to effective email marketing. Segment your email list based on various criteria, such as job title, industry, or location, to send targeted messages to specific groups of potential customers.
3. Personalise your emails: Personalisation is another important factor in email marketing. Use the recipient’s name in the subject line and body of the email, and tailor the content of the email to their specific interests or needs. There are a wealth of statistics that back up the effectiveness of personalisation in email marketing as well, such as companies that invest in personalisation earning 40% more money than their competitors.
4. Use a clear call-to-action: Every email you send should have a clear call-to-action (CTA) that prompts the recipient to take a specific action, such as requesting a demo or scheduling a call. Make sure your CTA is prominent and easy to understand. Find out how to perfect your CTA here.
5. Test and optimise your emails: Finally, it’s important to test and optimise your email campaigns over time. Experiment with different subject lines, CTAs, and content to see what works best for your audience. Use analytics to track the success of your campaigns and make adjustments as needed.
Email marketing is an essential strategy for B2B lead generation. With its low cost, high level of targeting, and measurable results, email marketing can help you build a pipeline of potential customers for your business. By following the tips and best practices outlined in this article, and using the right email marketing tool, you can maximise the effectiveness of your email campaigns and drive more conversions for your business. Leverage the power of email marketing for B2B lead generation with us by getting in touch for a friendly chat about your options.
Inflowing is a B2B marketing agency. We help B2B organisations do meaningful things with marketing. Whether that’s getting more leads, more visibility, or supporting their sales teams.
To be notified when we post another article, follow us on social media!