- THIS POLICY While ‘personal data’ is a defined term in EU law, we use it here to also cover ‘personally identifiable information’ as defined in US law, and other similar legal definitions. Essentially ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, namely one who can be identified directly or indirectly from that information alone or in conjunction with other information. This Policy sets out what personal data we might collect, how we process and protect that data, the lawful grounds for that processing, and your related rights. In most cases, the lawful ground will be that the processing: (i) is necessary for our legitimate interests in carrying out our business, including to grow and improve our Services, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests (‘Legitimate Interests’), (ii) is necessary to perform a contract with you (‘Contract’), or (iii) we have a legal obligation to carry out the processing (‘Legal Obligation’). Where processing is based on your consent (‘Consent’), we will identify the processing purposes and provide you with relevant information to make the processing fair and transparent. As data protection law and practice are constantly developing, we’ll need to update this policy from time to time, which we’ll do by posting a new policy on the Website that takes effect from the date stated. It is your responsibility to return to the Website from time to time and check for changes.
- HOW DO WE OBTAIN PERSONAL DATA? We might collect or be provided personal data in the normal course of business, for example: you may provide us with your details when you become a customer, such as your name, email and employer (‘Account Data’), when you visit the Website, we may collect information about your visit such as your IP address and the pages you visited and when you use our Services we may collect information on how you use those Services (‘Improvement Data’), you may provide us with your details when you ask about our Services (through the Website, by email or otherwise) and we may obtain legally-compliant lists of potential business customers for our Services for our marketing purposes (‘Marketing Data’), and we may receive personal data from our customers when using our Services, such as names of team members or data entered into the Services (‘Service Data’). We are the ‘data controller’ of Account, Improvement and Marketing Data and we are the ‘data processor’ of Service Data – the customer remains the ‘data controller’ of Service Data. We do not collect or retain any debit or credit card data ourselves. Any such data is collected and processed by our payment processors to process the relevant payments and we and those processors will at all times comply with the applicable industry codes and laws regarding security and retention of such data, for example, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. When you provide us with personal data about yourself or another person, you are confirming to us that you are authorised to provide us with that information and that any personal data you give us is accurate and up-to-date. Provision of personal data to us is never a requirement, however if you do not provide us with the personal data necessary for us to carry out an action at your request or under a contract with or relating to you, for example, to respond to your query or provide Services to you, we may not be able to respond to your query or provide Services to you.
- HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL DATA? We use personal data in the normal course of our business, including to provide and improve our Services and meet any binding contractual or legal obligations. For example: to respond to enquiries, to provide the Websites and Services, to provide advice and support, and to invoice accordingly. Lawful basis: Legitimate Interests or Contract. To analyse and improve the Website and Services, for example for technical or security purposes and to improve the customer experience. Lawful basis: Legitimate Interests. However, where for example applicable law requires your consent to use certain cookies, we will ask for your Consent having provided you with relevant information. To market and sell our Services, including to communicate with you about same or similar services that we offer. If we do so, we will provide you with an easy and free way to opt-out of receiving such communications in the future. Legal basis: Legitimate Interests (or Consent as above). In certain circumstances, to share it with a limited number of third parties as described in this policy, for example for operational requirements and business continuity purposes. Lawful basis: most processing will be based on Legitimate Interests, some processing will be based on Contract and, where necessary (as above) some processing may be based on your prior Consent.
- RETENTION As a default position, we will only retain personal data for any statutory retention period, then a reasonable period (if any) for the above purposes. This is subject, for example, to any valid opt-out or withdrawal of consent where processing is based on consent, or another valid exercise of your data subject rights.
- SECURITY The security of data is very important to our business. In accordance with our legal obligations, we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data and keep those measures under review. However, we can only be responsible for systems that we control and we would remind you that the internet itself is not a secure environment.
- YOUR RIGHTS You have the right to know if we process any personal data about you and, if we are, with certain limitations, to a copy of that personal data. You also have the right to ask us to remove or correct any of that personal data that is inaccurate, to object to certain processing and to withdraw any consent you may have given us for any processing of your personal data. You have the right, at any time, to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. As of 25 May 2018, you will also have the right to ask us to restrict processing certain of your personal data and to ‘port’ certain of your personal data to you or another provider, provided in each case that we have such data and certain conditions are met.
- ‘DO NOT TRACK’ The Website and Services do not use technologies that respond to ‘Do-Not-Track’ signals communicated by your internet browser.
- CONTACT US If you’ve any question you can always contact us at the address above or by email to [email protected]. You have the right, at all times, to notify a complaint to any regulator such as the UK Information Commissioner, although we would welcome the opportunity to discuss and resolve any complaint with you first.